1. In the Name of Allah Most Merciful and Compassionate:
2. All praise is Allah's,
Lord of all Worlds of Beings,
3. Most Merciful and Compassionate,
4. Master of the Day of Reckoning:
5. You alone we humbly adore and in You alone we seek help.
6. Guide us the Straight Way:
7. The way of those You have divinely blessed,
who have not then incurred wrath,
or utterly lost the way.
255. Allah, no god is there but He,
the Living, the Everlasting Source of All Being,
slumber nor sleep overtake Him,
His is all that is in the heavens and all on earth.
Who should ever intercede with Him save by His leave?
He knows all that takes place before their eyes
and what lies yet unknown beyond them,
and they encompass nothing of His knowledge
but what He wills.
His very footstool compasses the heavens and earth,
and preserving them burdens Him not,
and He is the All-high, the Incomparably Supreme.
17. Lord of the two horizon-extremities of sunrise
in summer and winter, and the two of sunset;
18. So which of the mighty blessings of your Lord can either of you deny?
19. He has loosed the two seas upon each other seething
back and forth while meeting;
20. Between them a great unseen barrier:
neither can overreach the other;
21. So which of the mighty blessings of your Lord can you deny?